Thursday 31 January 2013

Seemed ages

Now once more I have a computer it makes me realise just how much we depend on the internet.
 I was offline I suppose for over 2 weeks, it seemed ages. My mate bought me that computer from Currys in good faith, the trouble was that it was useless so he had to order another one for me, this took over a week and it is the very latest Windows 8. this is new to him and completely alien to me, mind you most of the computer systems are alien to me. At least we are back online now.
It is sods law that when you make an appointment something happens. It was so with me. I had booked a service for my car yesterday and my mate told me that he would bring the computer the same day.
 I went to the Garage and explained all, they were waiting for me and as soon as I arrived, the work started on the motor. I spent about 10 minutes with his wife talking then off I went to get my Pension and my weekly television paper. It was only about 500 metres to walk and it was fine, except for the start and end of the walk as there was no footpath, but all went well.
 When I got back I was given a cup of coffee, well mug really. I asked her if she sold dust caps as I had one stolen from my car and it was a pity as it was only 2 years old. She told me she would not sell  me any but give me one, that was nice of her.
 The car was duly serviced by 10.30am and I managed to get back home just before my mate arrived. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment