Monday 14 January 2013

troubles

Oh dear, what a time I have had with this computer. I am talking to someone who is in Hospital abroard so an internet connection is important. He, unfortunately has a problem with emails. He can send but can not receive.
Anyway I went online several times today without any problems at all. Around 1.45pm I decided to make some more bread rolls and also went online. I put the rolls to prove I then noticed that I had no connection. There is a programme which helps fix problems. I went through every thing they requested. In the finish it told me that the problem couldn't be fixed and gave me a telephone number. I duly rang and I must admit every time I have been on their technical site they all have been most helpful.
 What a performance I went through. He was so patient and nice but it was not easy for me. At one stage I was asked to change my router. I told him that it was like a rats nest with cables and wires all over the place. He burst into fits of laughter but eventually composed himself. He kept asking me to do all sorts of things, He told me at one stage that he was asking me to do things that he had never asked anyone to do before and it was new to him. You name it I did it including turning off the computer, rebooting both routers several times. I told him I had done all of this. He then told me he knew and I had done everything in accordance of what they would have expected and told me I had done nothing wrong at all.
 Eventually he admitted defeat. He told me that he could not send anyone to help me as he and I had confirmed by my actions that the internet was getting to the computer but he told me that there would be a glitch saying that the computer was probably blocking  a demand to let the internet in and that I should get someone who was technically minded to sort the problem out. He didn't think it was so serious. I certainly did at that time as I could not have access to the internet.  By the time he rung off, well in excess of an hour my bread rolls had over prooved. I put the first lot in, I generally manage to cook half first then the remainder after the first lot were taken out. When I took the first lot out and put the second lot in I decided to delete what few things I had on the computer. I was amazed to see that I had internet access once again. needless to say my second lot of bread rolls were well overcooked. I will have to eat them anyway.
 Now to something different.
 I guess I am getting very old probably senile. I went on this site and it told me it had a security to stop anyone entering. It then gave a page stating " solve this problem." There was this" mares tail" I thought about it for a while and put the answer Filly. Wrong came the reply. Another question came up which had a double meaning I put what I thought would be the right answer. Wrong again. The third question came up. For the life of me I could't see any connection at all so left the site. About 30 minutes later I wondered if what the site wanted was confirmation of the words printed. I went back to the site and sure enough that is all they needed. What a fool I am I thought.
By the way there is plenty of snow about tonight, I have no intention of venturing out for the next couple of days unless there is a sudden improvement.
  Finally I have found out how to make my text larger. It is to use Google not google chrome. If I use gmail through google it is great. That's me sorted. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment