Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to those who bother to read my blog.
  I had a quiet Christmas as I have had these last few years. It was while I was eating my Christmas dinner I thought about the meals we had in the 50s. I had roast chicken with the usual trimmings but I did spoil myself by making an apple pudding. It was very nice and I did make it last 3 days.
 Back to the chicken. When I was young it was a luxury We managed to have chicken 3 times a year. Christmas Day New Year and at Easter and than was the lot. It was also very expensive too. Now of course it is one of the cheapest meats.
 Yesterday my Sister called to see me. Her and her Husband were staying for a few days in Skegness. Her Husband's family have a get together a few times a year and always book in at an Hotel for the New Year. This year due to bereavements there were just 14 of them. They seem to enjoy it so that is all that matters. Mind you my Brother-in Law told me that the Police had cordoned off some of the main road along the seafront. Apparently some person had got on top of a roof and was threatening to throw themselves off. Exhibitionist I presume.
 Today has been one of the nicest days for a few weeks, almost unbroben sunshine. Let us hope that this is the start of a better year for all of us. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment