Friday 12 April 2013

Better weather


Today has been a little warmer and I was surprised just how much the few flowers appreciated it. We did have a little rain overnight and I mean little. To be honest we could do with a steady nights rain.
The greenhouse is a little late but I have moved the tomatoes in and now they take pot luck so if we get late frosts I will be in trouble.
I am not complaining at all for last night on the local news it showed properties that were very near to the coast line. They were covered completely by sand and soil was not to be seen at all. They had a spokesman from the District Council and he told the reporter that there was no money available to help those affected. He continued by stating that they had their hands full getting the main roads clear.
 Let us hope that the weather improves sufficiently to help the Farmers and all of us gardeners.
 My Postman has only just planted his first earlies and as it takes about 13 weeks to mature that means it will be well into June before he starts harvesting his early potatoes.
 Mine in the greenhouse and polytunnel are much later 5this year and my broccoli is not ready yet. It is starting to grow though. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment