Monday 29 April 2013

Unusual

This is the most unusual bird I have ever seen at my feeding area.
 I first thought it was a budgerigar but my next door neighbour noticed the bird and remarked on it. I told him what I thought it might be but he told me that it did not have the beak of a budgie.
 Well, yesterday I finally managed to get a photo of the bird and sure enough it certainly isn't a budgerigar. I known this is a shot that is not too close but I managed to get it on my pictures and zoomed in and to be honest I have no idea as to what bird it is. Still up to today, it has called several times a day for a feed. Incidentally, the other birds don't seem to mind it's presence at all.
 The size of the bird is about as large as a pied wagtail, just a little larger than a sparrow. Let's hope that the bird stays around.
  I was doing a little block paving cleaning when a young man walked by, as he was a schoolboy I asked him why he was walking the A52 to his home especially as there is no footpath for around 150 yards.
 He told me that he had no idea as to why except he said the bus driver didn't like to stop  on a bend.  I noticed that he had 2 badges on his lapel. He told me one was Head Boy and the other was a Prefect. He also told me that he was soon leaving school, well hopefully anyway. He was 16 but he told me the Government had passed a law stating that nobody can leave school before the age of 17, however if one gets an apprentice job then that will be O.K.
 Just to think, we left at 15. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment