Tuesday 2 April 2013

It's my age

I forgot to mention it but about a week ago I had my old french windows took out and a modern up to date full length window with a door was put in it's place. It was fitted to my satisfaction and to be honest it is the best door for opening and closing I have ever had. It was done by a more mature man I guess in the 40s and he took his time and it took him almost 4 hours. He didn't stop at all and when he had finished cleaned up including sweeping the yard. I was impressed.
 Well, Easter has come and gone, I didn't get to see the guy who bought the place off me many years ago but it is my intention to go and see him and his wife before the season gets busy, that is we hope it will get busy.
 The guy who worked for me many years ago phoned me last night and told me he was in the area and would come to see me about 1.00pm. today.
 I decided to go and get some ham, along with a little liver and sausage and a pork pie. I know I shouldn't have a pork pie but they really are the best I have tasted.
 When I got home I thought I had better have my dinner early, just as well because they arrived early.
 They had been to the funeral of his Step Mother and arrived at mine soon after 12.30pm.
 I told them that I had bought some ham and besides giving them a ham roll for a snack, I would also give them a couple of rolls to eat on their way home. I was somewhat surprised when they told me that they had been given something to eat and all they needed was a drink. I told them not to worry and gave them a drink.
 His wife likes rhubarb so although mine is so small, I managed to pick enough for her to have. She is the only one who likes rhubarb.
 It was nice to see tham but all too soon it was time for them to leave.
 Whether I will see therm again is a guess as there is only his Brother and me for them to come all the way from Exeter to visit.
 I see that on the local T.V they are on about the huge amount of sand that has been blown up from the beach onto the promenade, paths and roads. I don't suppose this week end has been a good one as although apart from Saturday when we had a little snow, the remainder has been sunny at times and dry but very cold.
Typical, today has been by far the sunniest day we have had this year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment