Tuesday 23 April 2013

Cycles

My mate in Skegness informed me a little while ago that bicyles were banned from use by the Postmen, I had no reason to disbelieve him but wondered if it was just at Skegness that this was happening.
 Anyway I had reason to go to Mablethorpe and spotted a Postman, he actually spoke to me and of course I replied and then asked if I could ask a question. He was so obliging and when I asked if cycles were allowed in Mablethorpe he told me he wasn't sure because the Sorting Office at Mablethorpe was closed and they now worked out of Alford. I noticed he was pushing a tiny like push chair thing with one handle. I thanked him and went on my way.
 Yesterday I caught my Postman and asked if he knew about bicycles. He gave me all the information I needed. He told me that they were no longer allowed, in Alford if it was a large round a trolley was used. He was not sure about Mablethorpe but the men had to travel to Alford. 2 Post Office vans were supplied, they then pick up the mail and travel back to Mablethorpe to deliver it.
 Now my Best pal called to see me today and I remarked about the banning of bicycles. He then told me that in Chesterfield, the men generally work in 2s. having a van they then proceed to deliver the mail in these so called trolleys. I should think that as my mate in Skegness said, it is a Health and Safety issue. Mind you, the Postmen have ridden cycles for many many years. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment