Tuesday 8 April 2014

Can you trust NHS?

I will let you who read this blog decide, I have my thoughts about it.
 My Sister told me recently that her Daughter(my Niece) was going through a tricky time with her pregnancy and then informed me that she did not have a lot of warning from going into labour to giving birth.
 I can't swear by this next piece but I am sure my Sister told me that if her Daughter ordered an ambulance to take her to Hospital and she did not give birth, she would then be charged and have to make her own way home. As I mentioned, I can not be sure about that.
 Now to put one in the picture My Sister lives in Grantham, her Daughter lives a few miles away in the next village. My Sister has been taking her to Boston on a regular basis to see that all is progressing O.K.  Grantham Maternity Ward was closed some time ago and now they have to go to Boston. I guess about 30 miles away, on Lincolnshire's winding roads with of course farm tractors being an added hazard.
Well my Niece went into labour, when she rang the Hospital she was informed that an Ambulance would NOT be available for between 2 and 4 hours.
 By now she was well into labour so my Sister rang 999. They were put in touch with the Emergency Centre. Talking my Sister and my Niece's Husband through the proceedure they delivered the baby themselves.
 Typical, as they had just finished the Ambulance arrived.
 The Ambulance then took my Niece to Pilgrim Hospital in Boston where she was checked and her Placenta was made to come.
 The birth took place about 11.15am. My Sister then informed me that it took the rest of the day to get the paperwork completed and she managed to get home at 10.30pm. She said it was a traumatic time. I bet it was.
 Typical of me I suppose. I mailed back to her suggesting that she take a Crash Course on Midwifery. He He.
Joking apart though I think it is a disgrace. I wonder if anyone else agrees with me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment