Wednesday 16 April 2014

Nothing much

Update on my Sister's Daughter. Mother and Son doing fine.
 As for me, here nothing much has happened lately. Yesterday morning and this morning if anyone was up early enough would have seen a sharp ground frost. It was sharp enough to kill a few Grapevine  side shoots. I did, however take my dwarf French beans into the greenhouse where everything in there was fine. It was only those grapevine shoots that touched the glass that were caught by the frost.
 I was out in the garden pottering about when the new Neighbour called  over and asked me if I knew anyone who would like a greenhouse frame. He told me his Wife no longer wanted it. I was not surprised as she told me last year she had nothing much out of her greenhouse. I did tell him my mate would be calling a little later and I would ask him. One bit of news he did give me was that the filling station at the other end of the village sold red diesel for 99p a litre. I was thankful as I needed some so I waited for my mate to arrive and asked him to get me a couple of litres of red diesel.
 I have never had this happen before but while I was waiting  for my mate to get back, this van pulled into the layby, not satisfied at just parking, decided to stop right outside my driveway blocking my entrance. I had to go out to him and ask him to move, my mate in the meantime had got back and was waiting to get in to my drive.
 I told him about the greenhouse minus any glass. As it happened the Neighbour was out in the front garden so we asked to see the item. He readily agreed and my mate gave it a cursory look  and told him that he would have it. This didn't surprise me as I expected him to take it. The Man then told my mate he would have all the items inside removed ready for him to dismantle the greenhouse.
 My mate was successful in getting my double socket to work once again so I am happy for that. It is not nice having the main light on each evening when it gets dark.
The weather, although being a little on the chilly side has been mainly dry with plenty of sunshine, let us hope that it stays like this for the Easter period. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment