Friday 25 April 2014

Pal called

It was nice to see my best Pal call once again. He told me his Brother had sent a text message informing him that he had been in Hospital for a double hernia operation and had just got home.
 He told me that everything had gone perfect from going to see his G.P. to selecting a Private Hospital which was linked to the NHS so everything was free. He selected a Hospital in Nottingham and was admitted at 7.30am and discharged around tea time. He was well satisfied with the service he received. He lives in Chesterfield.
 I then told him about the problems my Sister had with her Daughter on the arrival of the child. He couldn't believe it but he knew I was telling the truth.
 I asked him how he had got on with his interview regarding Hardwick Hall. He told me it was great and talked for around 3 hours. So much so were the people there were impressed that they have invited him to go once more to talk. This time though about the surrounding areas and where the troops were posted and other things. So he is looking forward to going once again for a talk.
 Today has been one of the worst April days one could imagine, it started very dull with low cloud and cold. I wondered if it could get worse. It did. Around 10.00am. it started to rain, this is welcome as we have had no appreciable rain for some time. Later it ceased but turned very misty.
 I ordered a couple of saucepans from ASDA online. It is the first time I have done this. I must admit that they certainly kept me fully informed. I had at least 4 e-mails keeping me up to date how my order was progressing. This morning I even had a voice mail giving me the latest.
 My delivery date was originally Saturday between 7.00am. and 7.00pm. I went online around 1.30pm. and noticed I had another mail from them. This time it informed me that the delivery would be today. About 45 minutes later the door bell rang. It was Mark a man who I think has his own business delivering goods for several Companies. It was from ASDA. I must say I was very impressed and the goods look decent too. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment