Tuesday 22 April 2014

Tragic Easter

This Easter got of to the worst possible start. Just out of Mablethorpe was a tragic accident. A young Man aged 16 was killed and also a 70 year old Woman  lost her life. I think 7 others were seriously hurt.
 Although the road is somewhat less than straight, I would never have thought that any serious accident would occur on that stretch.
 The weather was not that bad, visibility was good but it was breezy and cold. In fact the whole week end was not brilliant weather wise. As for me I stayed at home. I try not to go out at Holiday times. I don't collect my State pension on the day I normally do either.
 My tomato plant are beginning to grow and if I look hard I can see the first buds beginning to show. Until today, I have not seen any sign of my asparagus poking through but I have seen 3 spears just poking out of the ground.
 I have risked planting out most of my Geraniums(pelargoniums)in the garden as no frosts are supposedly forecast this week. As we will be heading towards the end of April, I hope that if we get any frosts it will not kill them. Time will tell. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment