Monday 7 April 2014

Sowing runner beans

I went over to Grantham  the last week in March. I told my Brother-in Law that this year we would not sow the runner beans so early this year. He readily agreed with me and I suggested the middle of April would be plenty early enough.
 Last week end a mailed my Sister, they have just gone online so are finding it a bit heavy going. They too have Windows 8 which is not easy, too many apps.
 Well when she replied to me she told me her Husband had set his runner beans. I just couldn't believe it. The old saying was that Good Friday was the time to set the New Potato seeds. Mind you since he set the beans it has not been so good.  Yesterday though I did sow a few carrot seeds.
 My Cherry and Plum trees are well into blossom.
This photo was taken just over a week ago. Some blossom is now well over the top. My Pear tree is laden with blossom but the Apple trees are still in bud. I just hope we don't have any late frosts, nothing we can do about it.  
Tomorrow I have to go once again to have my B.P checked, to be honest I expect it still to be high, still nothing we can do about that so I must not worry at all. I will see what tomorrow brings More soon.                          

No comments:

Post a Comment