Wednesday 6 May 2015

Garden waterlogged again

This photo will show just how big my garden is. It does go to where the trees are.
I thought I might take another photo of these geraniums, it does show better the size of them. Last year I did buy some ready plants. They were so small and didn't flower at all until late August. Hopefully these will do a lot better
These are Auricular an alpine plant that really don't like wet weather, something that I get plenty of here. In fact with the recent heavy rains my garden has been waterlogged. It has never really recovered from last summer when along this small area of coastline we had about 4" of rain in 24 hours while the rest of the Country was basking in sunshine. Even today we had some torrential downpours together with a few claps of thunder. Tomorrow does talk of it being warmer and somewhat drier. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment