Wednesday 13 May 2015

Shopping

These photos are taken in my polytunnel. It shows my first strawberry although no more are ready yet and it will take a week or more for some more to ripen. The second shows my new potatoes, they will be at least 3 weeks ahead of my outdoor ones. The third is of some peas, they are coming into flower, these should be ready to pick in about 3 weeks time, again well ahead of the ones outside.
 I went shopping yesterday to Lidl, when I walked into the Supermarket, I noticed that there were not the same amount of customers normally found there when I go shopping.
 I soon found out why. All of the chilled refrigerators were empty and a cover   put over every compartment. This was the whole width of the store and part of the side. Therefore there was no salad stuff, no cooked meats bacon cheese sausage ham etc. The side which has such as yoghurt, fats trifles butters etc. was also closed. The compartment which has milk was very limited, all that was available were 1 litre cartons which was disappointing to me.
I hurried to find one of the staff and he explained to me that there had been a cooler failure so everything had to be removed. I wondered just how much the cost would be for all of the produce would have to be destroyed.
 When I went to the checkout I commented that I at first thought that Mablethorpe was going the way of Skegness closing for the best part of a year for refurbishment. He told me that he worked at Skegness and was working here for now. I told him that I thought that Lidl at Skegness was fine as it was, funnily enough he totally agreed with me.
 Thank goodness I had a couple of skimmed milk in my freezer. Let's hope all is well next week. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment