Friday 15 January 2016

Snow

Yesterday we had some snow, needless to say it was cold also the winds got up and was gale force at times.
 The doorbell rang around 3.45pm. It was the young man from next door,he could not get into the home where he stays. He was a little wet so I told him to take the waterproofs off. I also noticed his glasses were steamed up and wet so I took them off him and cleaned and dried them for him. We went into the T.V. room and watched T.V. He then told me he wasn't going to work on Monday, he was smiling as he told me. I asked him why, expecting him to say he had to go to the Surgery but that wasn't the case. He told me he was going to London. Naturally I expected it to be with one of the support organisations but that wasn't so. He then told me that his Carer and her husband were taking both him and a much more severe person who they look after to London. I asked him what they were going there for and he told me they were going to see Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. He then told me they were going early Monday morning and coming back on Wednesday. No wonder he was smiling as it meant he wasn't going to work for a few days. He had told me a few days prior to that his Support worker had asked him if he was ready to leave there and live on his own. He told me he had told her that he was not ready and would not be ready for another 2 years. I could understand it as his carer certainly looks after both of them and takes them out regular.
 I have been eating my apples on a regular basis, one or two each day. I have though been throwing several away as they had gone rotten. I guess I have enough though to last me until the end of the month so I mustn't grumble. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment