Thursday 28 January 2016

Sperm Whales

I forgot to mention it but when the lad saw me on Monday he asked me if I had seen the big things on the beach at Skegness. I told him I had seen them on T.V. and asked him if he had seen them. He told me that he had seen them through the window. I presumed he meant the car window.
 My mate who came to see me yesterday told me where they were, he didn't bother to go to see them. At least he didn't have a lot to do, what he did was to dismantle my security light ready for a replacement which he will purchase when the price is right.
 With it being cold and sunny this morning I went into the garden for a while. It seems some areas have had daffodils in flower. As for here, I notice that the odd snowdrop are just about flowering so they are not so advanced. On January 1st. I set about 3 dozen Broad beans seeds in pots in my greenhouse. I checked them today. Nothing showing , that proves to me that it hasn't been exceptionally mild here. I looked at the base and I could see there is the odd root showing. This means that hopefully they are beginning to grow.
 With the sun shining I decided to change my bed and do my washing. I just about managed to get them dry. That will do me for about 2 weeks when the days will be a lot longer and perhaps the weather will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment