Wednesday 6 January 2016

Another New Year

Well 2016 has arrived and the weather has not been kind, the good thing is that it has not been cold.
 I have been under the weather for well over a fortnight but thankfully I am now once more beginning to feel better.
 The young man called to see me on Christmas Day morning. I was surprised because I thought they were all going out to have a Christmas meal as they did last year. I think, to be honest it worked out rather expensive so this year the Carer and her Husband decided to have a meal at home.
 I did tell him that as he had well over 2 weeks away from work if he wanted to have a meal at mine he was more than welcome.
 About a week ago I noticed my security light was acting up and eventually stayed on all night so the next morning, with the rain pouring down I managed to get the cover off and of course burnt my fingers trying to get the bulb out but eventually managed it and so now I have a redundant security light.
 luckily my mate rung me up last saturday and I gave him the news about my security light but he told me he would look out for a more modern one and when he sees it he will get it for me and replace it for me.
 The young man from next door popped in to see me on Friday last week asking me if it would be alright to come and have a meal that I had promised him. He told me he had been too busy playing with his new games. I told him that it could be on Tuesday this week if that was fine. He readily agreed and so yesterday came and he arrived soon after 11.30am. I had told him there was no hurry but asked him what he would like for dinner. He told me that he would like Roast Beef.
  I had bought the Sirloin of Beef in December and I told him he had made a good choice.
  Early yesterday morning I got up put the oven on and cooked the beef. I decided to cook a few roast potatoes to have with boiled potatoes, cabbage and garden peas.
 when he arrived I had cooked the beef and the roast potatoes  were cooking mainly in the meat juices which would give them added flavour. He told me he had been on You Tube watching something so I told him he could go on mine and continue watching. Of course he wanted to show me what he had been watching but although I watched for a little while I had to prepare the meal.
 I had told him that for pudding we would have a special desert from Lidl which was a ginger and syrup pudding. It was so sweet that I let him know that the custard I would make would have no sugar in it at all.
 He came out just as I was about to dish up. I made him gravy with the remaining meat juices I had told him before hand I would not be making any yorkshire pudding as it would fill him up too much. He readily agreed that he would be too full for any pudding. I served it up and immediately told me that the meat was nice and tender, the gravy was also very nice.
 He ate it all up and he finished his dinner shortly before I had finished mine. I then made the custard and re-heated the pudding and gave him a generous portion which he ate with relish and when he had finished he told me it had been beautiful.
 I then did the washing up and told him we would then have coffee. I have shown him how to make coffee in the microwave and he loves doing it. He told me he likes my microwave as it is easy to use.
 We hadn't sat down 5 minutes when the door bell rang. I went to see who it was and I could see it was the Carer and her Husband, they had come to see if young Tim wanted to go out with them stay at mine or go and play on his Xbox.  He told them if I would have him he would stay at mine while they came back from shopping.
 They didn't get back for another 2 hours or so. Naturally I had to put up with more of the game on You Tube but eventually I told him I would find some Police chases on Sky which I did.
 He made another drink and we had a small piece of pork pie, soon after 4.15pm. he had a text message saying they would be home in 5 minutes. After about 15 minutes he told me he would see if they had got back. They had and it was then 4.30pm.
 I am definitely feeling my age as I was worn out and to be honest was not sorry to see him go. I will definitely invite him again though, hoping that he will not be here for such a long time next time.
Finally he did tell me he loved coming round to mine so that is something positive. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment