Monday 15 February 2016

Bank Manager

I was daydreaming when this came to me.
  It was of course many years ago, I guess over 40 years. I used to employ a few youngsters when I was in catering. This young lad was a pleasant fella and one day I asked him what his Father did for a living. He just said he worked in the Bank. I never gave it another thought.
 It must have been a couple of years later I had cause to make an appointment to see the bank Manager. When I walked into his office he shook my hand and asked me to call him by his Christian name. I, of course told him to call me by my Christian name. He then told me that his Son had worked for me for a couple of seasons and had enjoyed it a lot. I then realised who he was talking about and related the message that his Son had only told me that his Father had worked in a Bank.
 For the first and only time I might add. I was offered and accepted a glass of sherry which went down very well.
 I still find it hard that the lad didn't tell me he was a Bank Manager. By the way I am still at the same Bank although it has moved and of course amalgamated.
 Yesterday I finished the last of my tomatoes grown  last year. They were very nice, I am well pleased that they lasted so log. It is definitely the longest they have lasted. I always aim to have my last taste of tomatoes that I have grown in January.
 This week I have a couple of guests. On Wednesday my mate will call, hopefully to fit another security light depending on the weather. On Saturday the young man from next door will have his steak pie and blackberry and apple crumble.
 With the weather turning colder and also wet and windy, I hope the weather will relent a little on Wednesday. We will see. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment