Wednesday 10 February 2016

Other things

I have had other things on my mind lately so have not concentrated on my blog at all. This is an ongoing thing so will try to write a little as and when I can.
 I did a little cleaning of my block paving in the front of my home and noticed that the daffodils are just coming into bud, I guess they will be in flower within the next week meaning that mine over here are about 2 weeks ahead of the normal flowering time.

I have just been outside to take a couple of photos of my snowdrops and as you can see, they are coming into flower about the  normal time of year for flowering. The ground though is very wet and the young man from next door asked when we would start gardening once more. I suggested to him that to begin with, he could set a few shallots in his little garden in March but I hoped to transplant those broad beans that have germinated into my garden in about 2 weeks time. He also asked me when he could come for a meal again. I suggested that it would be about February 20th. He has already asked if he could have steak pie followed by blackberry and apple crumble as it looks as if that date is now fixed although he will have to confirm this with his carer just in case she has something else planned. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment