Friday 5 February 2016

Call from Surgery

Yesterday I had a call from the surgery, I sighed when the receptionist told me this. I told her that I stayed away from those sort of places. She told me did the same. I then reminded her that she worked there. She then informed me that I was due for a blood test. I told her that it was not due until March. She insisted that it was due now so I asked her to explain. It then transpired that this blood test was for my Diabetes and not for the Hospital. I then suggested that to save money I could have 1 blood test in early March. Surprisingly enough she agreed. I then told her that I would go down in Late February to make an appointment for early March. I was surprised when she told me she could book a blood test now for early March. This was done and so I go to the local Surgery in early March.
 Today the man came to take my car for a partial service and MOT. He told me he would come back early so that we could talk of steam engines. We had a wide range of topics so much so that he left just before 6.00pm. but I really enjoyed it.
 Now to my garden. I have just about eaten my carrots, I have eaten my apples but mustn't grumble as it was the end of January before I ran out. I had the last of the leeks today but do have a few cabbages left. On a happier note, at last the broad beans are beginning to show some sort of life. At least half of them are growing but it will be some time before I set them out in the garden.
 By the way, on Sunday I will be going to see where the Man who does the servicing of the car. He lives near Skegness.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment