Thursday 18 February 2016

New light

 
 
My mate called yesterday and with the weather staying fine for the morning fitted the replacement night light. As you can see it is well fitted and nice and neat. He asked me if I wished to have it fixed to the PVC but I said no. He then reminded me that it must be about 10 years since we dismantled the old guttering etc. and fitted this white PVC. He did 90% of the work, I was just his labourer. He did everything right even to taking the wooden fascia and replacing it with the proper PVC. He told me that most fitters of the complete PVC including the guttering and down pipes fitted the plastic on to the existing wood.
 I took these photos, not very good I might add to show that they are just as good as they were the day we fitted the whole system. I clean them once a year and I am very happy because he made a great job.
 I was watching TV this afternoon when the door bell rang. It was the young man from next door. He noticed the light fitting, he also came to say he would be round early on Saturday. He then told me he had run out of coffee so naturally I gave him half a jar. He picked the dish which he wanted his Blackberry and Apple crumble, so at least that is sorted. He told me he was looking forward to having his Steak Pie plus his pudding. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment