Thursday 19 May 2016

As expected

It was I expected, yesterday my mate came to see me. It is quite a while since he was here and it was nice to see him.
 Later on my Best Pal came and he had told me his Wife would be calling later to see me. I am pleased because she didn't call last year.
 It was a miserable day with rain at times but not as heavy as in some areas.
 Later on his Wife came in and bought me a Rose bush. She told me it was an early Birthday present. To be honest I am not keen on Roses as they attract greenfly and have sooty mould on their leaves. We had a pleasant time and while we were talking the lad from next door rung the door bell. He had just finished work and as always he likes to see my Pal. He was surprised to see his Wife here but he soon began to talk a little.
 After about 15 minutes he left and his Wife commented on how nice he was. I told her that if he hadn't been nice I would not have bothered with him at all.
 Today I set my last peas and the odd potato I set  a while ago are beginning to show. My tomatoes in the greenhouse look good, both my Pal and his Wife commented on how well they looked.
 Incidentally I gave my mate a couple of tomato plants and he told me they looked good, I also gave him some broad bean seeds to sow.
 By the time my Pal ane his wife left it was past my teatime but I did enjoy the time with my visitors. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment