Tuesday 24 May 2016

Magpie

At the week end I was cleaning up after baking my bread, the sink is directly under the the window. I looked up and thought to myself that the male chaffinch wasn't looking too great. Within a few seconds a magpie swooped on the bird, pecked it behind it's neck killing it then off it flew with the dead chaffinch in it's claws. Obviously it was going to eat it, such is the wildlife kingdom.
The weather has not been great this year for the garden. The best results so far have been the potatoes and the shallots. What I should have done was show the peas in the polytunnel which are well into flower with the odd pod being on, also the tomatoes in the greenhouse  are looking good also. My flowers are only fair with the waterlogged garden several times meant I have lost quite a few flowers, surprisingly some aquelegias .

As you can see by the photos, the garden doesn't look great. Will try to post photos of peas and tomatoes next time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment