Tuesday 17 May 2016

Plants

I hadn't seen the young lad from next door for a few days and wondered if he was alright but on Sunday late afternoon he called to see me. He had been on Respite, that is where the carers next door have a few day without the two who they care for so it gives them a little break. He was pleased to be back and told me that where he had been it was cold, mind you the  weather was cold for mid May.
 These last few days have been a little warmer so with this in mind I planned to plant the runner beans in their allotted spot today so yesterday I dug the ground up once more. It really is in a poor condition, I guess that is because the amount of rain we have had and I couldn't believe how compacted it had become. So this morning I went out early to plant them out. It took about 40 minutes to do the job and I had other plans for this morning. I wished to go to the surgery to make an appointment for my 3 monthly blood test, I then planned to go to have my haircut so that was the morning taken care of.
 I went to the Surgery  around 9.30 am. and saw a lady who I know well. She told me she was going to retire next Easter. I asked her if she had a Pension from the NHS and she told me she had not. She then informed me that she was 67 and it was time to go especially as the new management team had been installed and most of the older people had retired.
 I then went to the bottle bank to dispose of several jars and then it was off to Alford to have my haircut. There was the market on also an Auction so there were plenty around the market place. I went into the Barbers Shop and found there were a few in so I had to wait a while.
 While I was waiting a young man came in and sat next to me, the guy on the other side offered me the daily newspaper  to read which I accepted but I only glanced through it for about 5 minutes and offered it to the young man who said he didn't want it. I told him I could understand it as he had his mobile in his hand. I remarked that he had more news on that mobile and he agreed. I asked him how much he had to pay for the use. He told me it was on contract paying £20. a month, this gave him unlimited text messages  so many free calls and some free time on the Internet. I told him that I would not be able to see the text on the mobile and I had a tower computer. He grinned and told me that at his home there was a computer like mine but it was gathering dust. He replied to my question of where he worked by saying he was working for Pocklington's the Bakers in Withern. WE had a quick conversation about baking and too soon it was my turn to have my haircut.
 I got back home in time to prepare my meal. After eating it I went out to water the polytunnel for tomorrow it is supposed to rain.
 This is typical, I don't see anyone for a while then I will have 2 call on me tomorrow. Fist my mate will be here , this was arranged last Saturday. While I was writing this blog the phone rang, it was my Best Pal asking if he could see me tomorrow, still it will be nice to see both of them. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment