Friday 27 May 2016

Cuckoo




As promised I now post the photos of my peas in the polytunnel together with the tomatoes in the greenhouse with a shot of some beetroot  and spring onions. 
The weather on Wednesday was horrendous with rain all day and a bitter cold North East strong wind with the temperature around 10 c. Thursday fared a little better with it being a lot warmer but still no sign of the sun. Today started off cloudy but improved considerably with the sun coming out and it was pleasantly warm. It made me want to spend time in the garden generally weeding. Whilst I was in the garden I heard a Cuckoo the for the first time this year, I don't think I heard it last year but definitely heard it a couple of years ago. When I was young it was heard regular until late May or early June when it left the area.
 I have just seen the weather forecast for the Bank Holiday week end. It is mixed with tomorrow being rather cloudy here on the coast but on Monday it is expected to be similar to Wednesday. Something that I am dreading. Incidentally my Central Heating came on the morning, not a good sign for the end of May. More soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment