Wednesday 11 May 2016

Weather changed

Yesterday it rained all day. I got up around 7. 30 am. and it was raining and when it got dark it was still raining. This morning it was dry but cloudy and not before long we had more rain but it did clear up around 11.00  am.  and we saw some warm sunshine.
 I saw the young lad from next door and he told me his broad beans are looking well, also his radish too are growing. With the rain we have had it will certainly help.
 I told him some time ago that I was concerned about the pear tree I gave him. I am certain that it has decided to die. It did come into flower about a month ago but there was no sign of leaves. Eventually the blossom withered. This is not the only failure. I too have a plum tree that is almost certain it has died.
 On the other hand my tomatoes in the greenhouse are progressing well with a few in bud. The grape vine on the other hand has only produced a couple of fruits on the vine. They are very small but hopefully the lad will have a taste. I think the lack of fruit is because I severely pruned it last year. I didn't care much for the grapes as they were small and had plenty of seeds in the grapes.
 the potatoes in the polytunnel are looking good, also the peas I set are just beginning to come into flower so with a bit of luck in June I will have fresh garden peas. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment