Tuesday 3 May 2016

Sowing

On Saturday I asked the young man from next door to help me repairing a fencing panel. I noticed that it needed to be repaired on Thursday.
 He came round fairly early on Saturday so we started to get the panel repaired and to be honest I was pleased the way it went.
  Whilst he was here I told him we would sow some garden peas which incidentally I soaked prior to sowing. I also gave him a few seed potatoes to set and I told him that we would sow some french beans and to top it all I then suggested we plant a tomato in my greenhouse which he readily agreed to. before we started I asked him if he would like a ham roll with a few home made chips, something he had never see done before. I cut the potato up into chip sizes then place them on a try, cover with a light coating of olive oil and pop them in the oven on a high heat for about 40 minutes.
 Before I did that we did the seed sowing and thank goodness the weather has been a little warmer these last few days.
 All went well with the gardening and he loved the chips, he then went Online and showed me several things which to be honest I was not really interested but I had to show him that I was in fact interested.
 After dinner he went round to get his remote control car and played with that for an hour or so. Eventually he left and I reminded him that on Wednesday he would be round for dinner which is Cottage Pie and his usual pudding of Apple Crumble. Heaven alone knows what he will have next time as I have run out of blackberries.
 I managed to catch the Postman today to give him 3 plum tomato plants. I hadn't seen him for about a fortnight and the first topic of conversation was how cold it had been and it was only yesterday he had sown his seeds. I told him that I had not sown any small seeds yet but would probably do so this week. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment