Friday 29 April 2016

Trimming

On Wednesday morning I waited for the young lad from next door to appear so that I could give him some money to get me a T.V. paper but he didn't appear.
 Around 10 30. am. the door bell rang, it was the lad he told me he wasn't going to work today so I took him to look at the garden although nothing is growing much as it has been so cold. He wanted to show me his garden but the spiky shrub is growing quite large so it does affect the view. I told him I would go and look at his garden as he was convinced that the seeds he had set was growing but I assured him that it was much too soon for them to grow especially as it was so cold.
 Anyway off we went round and looked first at his little flower patch then off to the greenhouse where to be honest the tomato plant is doing well. I saw the Carer so off we both went to talk to her. I told her that he wanted to have  dinner with me next Wednesday and she told me that he had mentioned it and that it was fine. I then told him that on Wednesday next week he could trim those branches off the shrub  and the carer suggested that he could do that today so I told him to see if he had a strong pair of gloves that would protect his hands as that shrub had huge thorns. I then told him what he needed but the garage was nearly full of stuff that he couldn't find anything much but did find a pair of heavy duty gloves.
 Eventually I found the loppers which were not as I had imagined so I told him I would get mine for him to use. I did tell him that we would have for dinner next Wednesday Cottage Pie with a cheese topping and for afters we would have apple pudding as I did not have enough apples for a blackberry and apple crumble. He told me that it would be alright but I knew he wished really to have the crumble.
 I went back to mine and told him I would pass the loppers over to him and tell him what to do. I was surprised just how he got on and he really did a good job. I then told him to take all the cut branches away to a place that I had told him before. I then left him as I was perished.
 In the afternoon I decided to go to the Supermarket to buy some apples. Lidl do not sell Bramley apples so it was the Co-op. I didn't get much but when I paid I was given 2 vouchers with discounts. The first was for £1 off if I spent £5 the other was for £2 off from my fruit and vegetables so this morning I went back to the Co-op and bought some Flora Proactive a cabbage and some more apples. Incidentally I did tell the lad that we would after all have blackberry and apple crumble. I could tell by the smile on his face he was happy. I always let him choose what vegetables he would like. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment