Thursday 14 April 2016

Quite a bit

Actually quite a bit has happened since I wrote last time.
  On Monday I transplanted over 100 peas that I had grown in pots in the greenhouse and to be honest I was shattered but at least they are now in the garden growing.
  On Tuesday the lad came round to tell me he was going shopping for I had asked him to get a few bits and bobs for me, he told me that the next day he would not be going to work as a guy who worked there was "winding him up".
 He came back early in the afternoon with the goods so I told him that as he was here, I would sort his greenhouse out, also we would set the broad bean seeds. The problem is that next door do not have many canes and those they have are a little short. I had a plan for I have an old flex cable and as it was a 2 core thought I could thread it through his greenhouse so that we could then attach the canes by tying the canes to the flex. We managed to get it threaded from one end to the other then we looked for canes but only 1 was long enough. I then remembered that there were lots of wood stacked up so I found a long thin piece and took it to see if it was good enough. It was certainly long enough but although it was long it was not 100% sturdy. While I was doing that the lad found a second length and as I had noticed a metal pipe that was long enough we had sufficient. I then told him we would then set the broad bean seeds. I dug the hole but I made him place the seeds in so that he could say that it was him that had sown them. I then left him as it was well after 3.30 pm.
 Wednesday morning it was nice, unlike Tuesday morning which was awful. Anyway I decided to go to Alford to try to have my haircut. I think I mentioned it before but the hairdresser that I have used for about 6 years is going to go to live and work in Spain and it was his intentions to go in early January next year, I thought it was time I found an alternative Barber.
 I had noticed this place some time ago so off I went yesterday morning and arrived about 11.50. am. As soon as I opened the door I was greeted with a "Good morning please take a seat". It was a good looking very young lady. There was just a fella in the chair and I had to wait about 10 minutes which was fine. When I sat in the chair she asked me what number I wanted. I looked at her and told her numbers meant nothing to me, all I wanted was a short back and sides and a bit off the top. There were only 2 sorts of cuts in my youth it was either short back and sides or a trim.
 with that sorted she told me she would try a number 4 on the sides and if I had any thing to say then I should tell her but it was fine. In fact as so many Women are she was much more gentle that Keith was although I had no cause to complain.
 When I went to pay she told me it would be £4.20 but I told her I would give the same as my old place which was £5. I did mention that I had told him to increase the price as he had not done so since I had fist gone there. She then told me she would give me a Loyalty Card this meant that after 5 visits to have my haircut the 6th. visit would cost me nothing. I thanked her and left for home.
 Soon after getting home I put my dinner on, I was just straining my vegetables when the doorbell rang. It was the lad he had bought his scooter to play, I told him I was about to have my dinner and he told me he would wait so I hurriedly ate my meal and then we went out the front driveway for him to play on his scooter. I then told him that I had an idea and we would strengthen the canes in his greenhouse.
 After playing for about 40 minutes I told him that I was going to dig a little lavender for his tiny garden, also I was going to get some twine and take a pair of scissors so that he had some twine available for tying his tomato plants when they grew.
 Off we went round, I first planted the lavender then I asked him to get a few canes then off we went to the greenhouse. I showed him what I intended to do and he found a couple of canes that were suitable. We stuck them in the ground and I cut a couple of pieces of twine and tied the canes to the wood so that now they felt sturdy and I am happy at that. I then cut about 10 pieces of twine for him and told him to keep them safe. I eventually got back home. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment