Thursday 7 April 2016

Doorbell

I was getting my tea meal ready yesterday when the doorbell rung. I went and saw the young lad from next door, he had just finished work and it was just before 4.30 pm.
  I could tell he wished to tell me something also he wanted to show me something also. So I did no more and asked him in, we had a quick tour of the garden and he noticed that in the greenhouse the grape vine has begun to show signs of growth. I only grow them for him really. I showed him the young tomato plants which of course a couple are for him then it was off next door.
 We first looked at his little piece of flower garden and I showed him how to pull the odd weed up the off to his little veg patch.
 He asked me if I noticed what he had done, of course I had, he had dug the patch up and I told him it was very nice, he also showed me the greenhouse which he had also dug and did what I told him to, that is give it a good watering. I asked him if he had a rake so that I could smooth the soil but before he went to get the rake he showed me where he had set the shallots and was keen to show me that a couple had begun to grow. I told him it was great as some of mine which I set in early March had not yet shown any signs of growth. I did say he had done well with the digging and suggested to him that he would be sweating after he had dug the ground. He admitted to me that he had been sweating.
 When I was raking I found the odd weed which I showed him and told him to pick them up as he didn't see any weeds in my garden. Of course that is not true but I do try to keep my garden as weed free as I can. I told him I would give him 10 out of 10 for his effort, he smiled widely and then I told him that I would not be giving him ant tomato plants just yet as it was far too cold and hopefully it might be another 2 weeks before I helped him plant them in the greenhouse. I did tell him that as soon as he liked, I would give him some broad bean seeds to plant. I would show him but I want him to sow the seeds as then he can say that he has grown them himself.
 Once again today has been generally cloudy and cold for April but we have had the April showers, I guess it will warm up eventually. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment