Thursday 21 April 2016

Better weather

On Monday the weather was dry but dull so the garden didn't dry much, however on Tuesday it was nice and sunny so although it was cool it made one feel better.
 I went to do my shopping at Lidl and when I got to the checkout a lady was asking the lad on the checkout when the store was going to close. He informed her that he didn't know but there would be signs in good time in the store. I then asked him if it was for a refurbishment, he replied that the store was going to be knocked down and rebuilt. I sent an e-mail to my mate and he replied by telling me that the Lidl store in Skegness was closed for about 9 months but it was doing well. I thought that Aldi had made a big mistake as they had planning permission to build a store in Skegness but had not started yet, had it been built I am sure that they would have taken the Lidl customers, well many of them anyway, now when the store opens they will have to fight to get the customers.
 On Monday I noticed that my guttering on the rear of the property had a growth of weeds. I was surprised and as it has a protection of mesh I had to get the mesh off and clean the guttering. It took me most of the morning and of course after clearing the guttering it meant I then had to clean the gutters and fascia but at least it has been done. It must have been a few years since I last cleaned the gutters. Mind you I was absolutely worn out.
 Now to gardening, the lad came round the other day offering to get me some of Tesco's own Scottish Oats. I naturally let him get me some but I told him that we would set some broad bean seeds and a few radish.
 Today I saw him and he told me that the Man next door had set a tomato plant in the greenhouse. I could see he wasn't pleased and to be honest I was not happy at all for it has been me that has got the greenhouse sorted and have prepared it for the lad to set his plants. Anyway I took a tomato plant together with a snapdragon plant which he wanted. I told him that he could have a plant if he wished in my greenhouse. He seemed pleased with that.
 When we went into his, well his carers greenhouse there was a tomato plant, also there were trays of other things, carrots, brussel spouts runner beans also a chili and a pepper plant.
 I then told him not to tread on the garden where he has sown a few seeds, so we went over to where there is a lot of wood, I managed to find some skirting and then showed him what to do instead of treading directly on the garden, lay the plank of wood and step on it. He could see what I was getting at and he understood well. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment