Tuesday 5 April 2016

Neighbour


With the weather improving these last few days, my garden has shown signs of Spring.
 The polyanthus are doing well and I am pleased about that. I also set some old fashioned daffodils late last year and are showing nicely on the first photo. They are called king Alfred. I don't know how the rest of the garden will go on as we have had some heavy showers and today has been a rather cloudy and cool day.
 This morning after doing my shopping I went round to see a Neighbour, he lives a couple of doors away. The other day he came to see me and asked me where I bought my polytunnel from and who had erected it. As it was about 15 years ago I couldn't help him but when he left I thought I would go Online and see if I could get any information.
 This morning I went to give him a web site but he was down in the dyke clearing it but I saw his Wife, she asked me in and I gave her the note with the web page on it and then told her that it was her previous owner of the property who asked me round many years ago that I decided to get a polytunnel for myself but mine is I think 15' x 5'.  She then invited me to look round the garden I was very impressed for so much has altered since I last went round although the polytunnel is looking a little sorry for itself but I remembered it must be well over 20 rears old. I guess it is 30' long and 10' wide. They also have a swimming pool which has been refurbished and looks great although it has a cover on this time of year.
 She then showed me a shed that her Husband had built and we entered, the view from the rear which has a large window in was great. She told me she loves to watch the rabbits in the field, she also pointed out her Husband who was clearing the ditch. When he saw me he finished what he was doing and I bet he was pleased to do so, he was muddy but thanked me and apologising for  not shaking my hand as he was covered in mud.
 There was so much to see and one thing his Wife pointed out was a huge grapevine, I did ask her if they produced grapes which she confirmed it did, in fact, she told me that last year they made some wine from the grapes.
 Anyway I left soon after wondering just the amount of work that had been done, I could tell they are both retired so it wouldn't have been easy. I couldn't believe the transformation of the property, it certainly looks great. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment