Monday 18 April 2016

24 hrs of rain





I got up early on Saturday to find it was still raining and it got progressively heavier until it decided to stop around 11.15.am. I decided to walk down and pick some broccoli, not that I was successful. In fact I was surprised for as you can see my garden was once again flooded. It has definitely been the wettest Winter and early Spring I have ever known. Normally we get drying winds in March but not this year.
 The photos I have shown are after I had removed some of the water, not that it helped much for around 3.00. pm. the heavens opened up once more for about an hour. We had rain, hail and sleet so I was back to square one.
 The young lad came to see if I would be planting the tomatoes in his greenhouse but I told him that on Saturday evening there was a sharp frost so I would probably go round later in the week.
 Today I saw the weather forecast for the week ahead and although it is not too bad for the next few days, towards the week end it talks of strong northerly winds with wintry showers so I don't suppose I will be planting any plans for at least another 10 or so days.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment