Friday 1 April 2016

Hoarder?


I was checking in one of my cupboards when I noticed these items. The first is of a Company called Applied Chemicals. I had cause to use them when I purchases a commercial dishwasher in the 70s. I also bought a case which was I think a dozen air fresheners and I must admit they had a pleasant aroma. I still have 3 one of which is partially used and the remaining 2 are full.
The second is of Cooper fly killer. Once more I guess this was purchased in the 70s. I can only guess that they were purchased in a case of  a dozen. They were the best fly killers I have ever had but I think they were banned for use in the catering as they had some toxic content. It was a pity for it had an immediate effect on the flies. I wonder if it contained any DDT?
These are modern additions or so I thought until I realised that this was bought in the early 80s. I used to bake and sell bread rolls and the size of the new polythene bags were 17" x 14". They were relative a new thing in the early 80s. They were also ideal for holding a dozen bread rolls and as no air could get in they kept the bread rolls fresh. I must correct the modern theme as it is well over 30 years since I purchased them. They came in a roll of some 250 bags. I definitely have enough to last me my lifetime  and would probably last the average user several years.
Now we are right up to date, or so I thought until I remembered it was 1997 when I sold my Business. These are a few of what I sold , my Best Pal went Self Employed and had a contact who sold him a lot of sun tan lotion. He, of course let me have some at a discount and suggested I sold the tanning lotion at I think £3.99p and the after sun at £2.99p.  The pictures I have posted are the last of what I had left and to be honest I can't remember when I last used any of the lotions.
  I certainly live in a dream world and at my time of life will never alter.
  It shows just how we used to live several years ago. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment