Tuesday 29 March 2016

Easter come and gone

I feel sorry for the Business people who rely on a good start for the year hoping that the weather at Easter will be kind. It certainly wasn't that this year although good Friday was a lovely day.
 Saturday was dull and the forecast for Sunday was poor but it turned out a little better than forecast. Easter Monday was a day to stay indoors. heavy rain and severe gales was forecast and that is what we had. I went to try to dig a little in the garden but the ground once more is saturated. Still at least the days are beginning to lengthen so hopefully with some sun and drying wind, that will help.
  I rung my mate up ao Saturday morning, he gave me the news that Iceland did not have any of the goods I required. He asked me how I had received the leaflet, he thought it had come to me by Royal Mail with it being addressed to me. I informed him that it was among several leaflets that we all get and most of it is put straight in the recycle bin. He then told me something that made me think. He let me know that his Partner, who is a vegetarian likes, I think cheese and onion pies and they advertise that they have an offer on them. Each time he has called in at Skegness store the staff inform him that they have not sent any to that store. He says it seems as if they only select certain store to promote these offers. He told me that he is thinking of contacting Iceland and complaining about the lack of promotions in Skegness. I told him that if he does, then mention that we get leaflets with the offers which are of no value whatsoever as they not available in this area. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment