Tuesday 22 March 2016

Right this time

Yesterday I had an early phone call, it was from my Best mate who was down to open the caravan and said he would call to see me. I told him that in the afternoon would be fine as I was going to the Dentist just before Noon.
 At least I had the day and time right thank goodness although it is costly considering the time I am in the chair.
 My appointment was for 11.40am. and I arrived in the car park and left the car at 11.35am. I went to book in, had to sign a declaration to say I had to pay and then took a seat. I had only just made myself comfortable when I was invited to go to see the Dental Surgeon who is a great guy. We always shake hands and pass pleasantries then I sat in the chair. HE did say that for what I have done it is an expensive way to spend money as I have only 3 teeth left and one is very loose but we both agree that we should leave it in as long as we can as it helps the lower dentures to be a little more stable. He then asked his assistant how long it had been since I had any work done and she looked it up and I was surprised as it was 2011. 5 years ago. Anyway he wished me well and a great summer and would see me in September. I suggested that he should enjoy his golf but I was somewhat surprised when he told me he didn't play much anymore. He preferred to walk his dogs.
 By the time I got back in the car I noticed it had just been 6 minutes but one must go every 6 months because if you don't you could lose your position of being a NHS patient.
 About 2.30pm. my Pal called to see me, we hadn't been settled more than 10 minutes when the doorbell rang, it was the young Lad from next door, he likes to see my Pal because he talks to him. This time he stayed for a while and tole me to tell him about his scooter, he meant my Pal to see it and asked me to show the photo to him. I told him to turn on the computer and he then displayed the scooter on screen. I am sure I have posted the photo on my blog. My Pal had a good look, said the photo was a good shot  and the Lad was happy he had seen it.
 Eventually he left and we had a good old talk as it is the first time since October we had seen each other. Time flew and when he left he told me he had only come down to open the caravan and was going back to Chesterfield very soon so it will be a few weeks before I see him again.
 Tomorrow I am going to Grantham so expect to be tired when I get back home. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment