Tuesday 8 March 2016

Blood tests.

Last Friday morning I had to call at the local Surgery for Blood tests. One which was for Diabetes and the other for my 3 monthly check for the hospital. It is one type of drug I am on which means I have to have regular Blood Tests.
 It was the young man's Birthday on Sunday and he informed me that he would call round on Saturday to pick up his Birthday card but this didn't happen. So late on Saturday I took the card round and posted it. On Sunday morning he called to see me to thank me also for his card. He told me that his Carer and all of them had gone over to Lincoln to see her Mother. Incidentally they had just moved over to Lincoln about a week ago. He told me he was going swimming which he loves and on Monday he would go out for a Chinese. He looked in the garden for a few minutes, selected a couple of polyanthus plants that he wished to have in his small garden. Soon after he left.
 Yesterday was a poor day with rain and sleet on and off all day. So much so that my garden is standing in water in many places so today, after going shopping I decided to lay the poly-carbonate panels over parts of the garden to help dry the ground up. This originally was on my extension which I later had it built of brick and tile.
 It sounds silly but I did quite a lot of watering, I first watered the polytunnel thoroughly and later did similar to the greenhouse. I do have some early potatoes just poking through in the polytunnel and although this morning was quite dull there was a frost but it was not hard enough to catch the potatoes.
 One thing I did buy when shopping was another apple tree the variety is Jonathon, it is in a pot but obviously will not bear fruit this year, perhaps not next year either but here's hoping I will taste the apples. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment