Tuesday 15 March 2016

Spring?

Although it has been sunny at times recently it has been very cold. Today has been particularly poor with a strong wind off the sea and earlier some drizzle. We haven't seen any sun today and the forecast is not encouraging for the next few days.
 yesterday I tried and succeeded somewhat in digging some parts of the garden, really trying to aerate the soil as in places it is still very wet indeed.
 As it is mid March it is high time I prepared the ground for it is time I set some seeds but this will not happen this year. I guess the ground will not be suitable for sowing seeds for at least 2 weeks. Still I have covered the plots with netting as I noticed a cat had made a deposit, hopefully this won't happen again this year.
 I have just ordered some edging for my garden. This is because my wooden edging has rotted and hoping or waiting for someone to get me something is not really my style. I had originally wished to have some PVC about 6" high because it will not rot so hopefully this will serve it's purpose.
 I plan to go to see my Sister's next week so I hope that the fog, which has been around for the last few days will have moved on. Also I hope the old saying does not come true. "As many fogs there are in March is as many frosts there are in May.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment