Thursday 10 March 2016

Waterlogged

 
 
These photos were taken yesterday morning. You can perhaps have some idea as to the state of my garden at dusk yesterday as it didn't stop raining at all.
 The trouble was that on Monday whist most were having some sunny intervals, here along the East Coast we had nothing but heavy rain/sleet showers on and off for most of the day.
 Today my garden is still standing in water although we have had a little sun. Let us hope that we get a prolonged dry warm spell so that I can think of getting into my garden.
 I saw the lad from next door. He had informed me on Sunday that he was going to the Chinese on Monday to have a meal, a belated Birthday present. I asked him how he had got on but he told me he didn't get his Chinese as it was closed so he was somewhat disappointed.
 I have been checking the latest offer from First Utility, the Company which supplies me with Electricity, unfortunately we have no mains gas in our area so we are penalized for all who have only one fuel get a worse deal than those with dual fuels. I can save about £10 a year by going on to a different tariff for a fixed term of 1 year. This I will do as it is better than an increase and this one was fixed for 2 years so it means that there has been no increase in 3 years which is satisfactory. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment