Tuesday 19 September 2017

Problems

I didn't realise until Saturday morning when I tried to contact my mate that I had problems with my telephone.
 To compound things there were workmen around with traffic lights close by. Anyway I decided to e-mail my mate with the news I had no dialing tone. He replied stating that he had tried to contact me but all he had was the engaged tone but he did suggest I tired the neighbours.
 I went round next door and I was surprised that she had contact so I went back home and rested.
 About an hour later I though it was funny that my mate when he tried to contact me it was an engaged signal. So decided to check to see if it was me so I changed the telephone, not easy as I the telephone is stuck in a corner position and naturally the connection is next to the skirting board.
 This in fact did the trick so I tried to phone my mate only to find him not at home but the answer phone cut in so at least the phone was working.
 The next day I rung him  up only to get hold of his Partner, I immediately asked if he was there wondering if I had inserted the wrong numbers, in fact I hadn't as both had been out and just arrived back to his home.
 On Friday morning I went to the dentise, the day before they had contacted me to remind me that I had an appointment so on Thursday the phone was working. On Monday I had a phone call saying that they had tried to contact me on Friday but had no joy. So obviously the phone stopped working late Thursday or on Friday.
 I went to book in and was told to go to the waiting area. I sat next to an elderly Lady who spoke to me so we struck up a conversation. I asked her which Dentist she was seeing, it was not the same as mine. She then told me that she had a filling drop out and her appointment was for 11.05.am. and the time was 11.20am. She told me she had a Taxi waiting because she was in her 91st year and had problems with her sight and DVLA had to take her driving licence off her about 18 months earlier. She then let me know that she had been driving ever since she was 17 and missed the car more than she ever thought she would but had resigned to the fact that she had to use taxis now. I thought it was a pity for had she not a taxi waiting I could have taken her back home. She then told me she was going to reception and I thought it was a waste of time and when she came back she more or less said the same. I then informed her that she should play on her age and tell the dentist the tooth was playing up because she had told me that she had expected to have an inspection only and would have to make a further appointment. Whilst I was telling her what to say she was called in and I hoped that I wouldn't see her immediately appear. Luckily enough it was about 10 minutes later when she appeared with a thumbs up stating that the filling had been done. I was then called in to my Dentist where the new dentures were ready. She did tell me that almost certainly there would be spots where they would rub but I mustn't take them out but keep them in so that she could see just where they were rubbing. With that I paid and left but sure enough a spot is causing some discomfort but I will give it a fair run before I will go to the Dentist. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment