Tuesday 5 September 2017

I get no better

Yesterday I had another letter from the surgery informing me that I must have another blood test in 2 months time.
 So this morning I planned to first go to call at the Newsagents then off to the Co-op, really only to get some diet lemonade. Lidl sell it but in a 2 litre bottle, far too much for me to use as I in general only have it when the lad comes for dinner. He did this last saturday but we did widen the path in the garden so I was well pleased with the result although I was absolutely worn out. The lad really doesn't have the stamina.
 He bought his Tablet round and showed me how to use it, not that I remembered at all, my retention is that of a goldfish these days. He played some nice music though, he eventually left and I was pleased so that I could have a rest.
 This morning off I went first to pick up my T.V. paper then off to the Co-op I also picked up some milk and a little ham. I then decided to call at the local Ford Garage which is very near to the Co-op. I went in the Showroom department but soon found my way to the service department. A Manager called to inform me that the Service Manager was on the telephone but would be with me shortly.
 After 5 or so minutes the man appeared. I explained that I had bought the car Online but it had a few niggles but ran beautifully. I asked him how much it would cost to remove my radio and replace it with a DAB. He immediately let me know that it would be costly because the wiring and ariel had to be different but suggested that he look at the car. So off we went by now it was raining but he got in the car. Immediately he let me know that I had DAB radio installed so I asked him to set it up for me which he did in next to no time. I then told him that I had no way of checking my daily mileage with an odometer. He then got hold of the indicator and pressed the end and told me exactly what I had done, my average speed and my average MPG. I told him that I had found out the other day how to replay a tune on my C.D that I have. What happened was I was looking at the fuel gauge which is not the best place when I touched the steering column side and the tune I was playing stopped and started from the start.
 The long and short is that my car is as I would love it but to be honest I have no idea how to change the total mileage but at least now I have my DAB. which is fine because that is all I have at home.
 We then went back inside and I asked him how much a service would cost? I was surprised because he told me that it would cost more or less what I paid
 the man who picked my old car up but he did let me know that this included an extension of the roadside assistance. I didn't even know I had roadside assistance. The long and short is that I take it in the end of september and it should take no more than 2 hours
Then it was back to call at the Surgery for first asking about the letter I received but also asking if they were taking orders for a Flu jab. There was little joy on both of the queries, first the receptionist let me know that nothing could be done on the blood test for at least 3 weeks and as for the Flu jab situation she let me know that on the grapevine the earliest they would start was towards the end of September. I just told her that this meant that the vaccine was not currently available so when I go next time, and I will be there another couple of times at least this month. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment