Thursday 14 September 2017

Wild weather

Yesterday my mate came to see me it is the first time in over 3 months. We seem to have had our lines crossed because when I was available he wasn't and vice versa. U had not much to give him as the wind has played havoc with my runner beans, some have been smashed but hopefully I will get more pickings well into October depending on how the weather treats us. It has certainly been cold these last few days and my Central Heating is on.
 The lad has just called bringing a couple of pears which I will try to ripen for him by first wrapping them up and keeping them warm. While he was here I noticed that one of my apples that I photographed on the floor had gone rotten so I must check the ones that I stored in the garage to see if any  was rotting. To be honest they don't seem to last that long, Christmas time is about the maximum I seem to get any to last.
 Tomorrow morning I go to the Dentist for my final appointment regarding the dentures so I have to pay but The Dentist managed to get me a reduced price although it will be over £70 this is for a bottom set of dentures.
 On Monday as I travelled to Alford to have my haircut I followed a locl firm advertising vinyl flooring as well as fitted carpets and venetian blinds. So after my haircut I went to the shop well today a guy came out and did a quick measure. He then let me know that tomorrow the shop would contact me with  a price so we will wait and see. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment