Friday 22 September 2017

Ups and Downs

On Wednesday I was out the front sawing some of the branches off the dead Lilac when I heard what I thought was a strimmer. Naturally I thought it was the Gardener next door working but when I carried some of the branches round the back garden I immediately noticed something different namely some trees missing. So I went down to the bottom of the garden and could see a couple of tree fellers with chain saws cutting the larger branches up having already felled 2 or 3 large trees.
 I went inside and tried to turn on my Sky box only to get a signal informing me that no signal was reaching and I should go Online  which I did. Incidentally B.T. are working down to I suppose the Exchange and a Guy let me know that they are threading a larger cable, whether it means more speed for the likes of me I doubt it very much.
 I was first informed that I must create an I.D and password which I eventually did, I was then given a forward date of which the Sky engineer would call. What I did also create though was a Sky Sports app which I did activate on Thursday. Unfortunately for me I just have about sufficient download speed to get a sort of picture but hardly enough for me to write on my blog. This is why I didn't write on my Blog yesterday.
 Yesterday morning I went to the Surgery for my appointment with the Doctor, whilst I was there I did book my Flu jab in Mablethorpe but not until next month.
 Eventually I went in to see the Doctor, I immediately noticed that she had probably broken her wrist or some fingers. I first asked her if she had enjoyed her Holiday which she told me very much. I then asked her where she had been and she told me Italy and she had been there several times because her Partner lived there. She then added that she was going to Italy next week for her Birthday.
 While I was in the Waiting Room I heard this conversation. A Woman was talking. "Yes I also bruise easily in fact you only have to look at me and I bruise". I couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes.
 I forgot to mention but the Neighbour with the learning difficulties people informing me that if I wished to pick any damsons I was more than welcome to pick some off the felled tree. I told her that at the moment I was watching the Wold Championship Time Trial in Norway but as soon as it was done I would pop round.
 About 40 minutes later I went round and was invited in I then told her what I know about Solar power which is next to nothing and told them that my mate was the one to ask questions and I would contact him to see if I could give them his telephone number. Unfortunately he is not available at the moment, eventually I will have contact with him. I did get about 3lb. of damsons with the help of the lad. The next day I decided to get another load so I collected about 7lb. in full which I have froze most of them down. Incidentally they wer very ripe so sweet. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment