Wednesday 25 April 2012

Music

This morning, I wasn't taking particular notice of the radio when I heard the discussion about the music on ceefax. I was a little angry because I had not been taking any notice. It was this guy who said he was one of  the groups who composed music and played music generally for BBC2.    This was in the 60s and early 70s. He also mentioned the 8 year old girl who was photographed with a noughts and crosses game. I certainly remembered that. I also remembered some music that was played in I guess the mid 60s.  It  was also pointed out that there was a dedicated following and they met, I think once a year.
 What used to happen was that BBC2 was  broadcast only infrequently during the day so what used to happen was that the rolling news would often be shown and background music would be played. One particular lot of music was that of David Rose Orchestra. I didn't know what the original L.P. was called. All I knew was that every piece of music has the name blue in it. .
 With this in mind, I decided to go on You Tube and type David Rose. To my surprise I found that someone had uploaded most if not all of the L.P The title of the L.P was Like Blue. What I had no idea of was that the pianist was none other than Andre Previn. We all remember him with Morecambe and Wise as the excellent for Eric and Ernie so we knew he was an excellent piano player.
 I went on site and found many of those old tunes that I had listened to them well over 50 years ago. It bought back so may memories. Not to mention the demise of ceefax. Well not quite, some still can receive it . I do honestly believe that the new system is a retrogade step as it is not as efficient and certainly not as quick as ceefax.
 Lkie this new layout of the blogs. This is what they all call progress. I know what I call it. More soon

No comments:

Post a Comment