Thursday 26 April 2012

Names

This happened this morning. I went to the local Supermarket and when I arrived at the check out, there was a nice young lady on the till. I noticed that she had a nice but unusual name. As one knows, they have their names shown on a tag. I remarked how nice her name was, she told me that she didn't choose it but she had a young Daughter 6 months old and she was called Poppy May(Mae). I was astounded and asked her to repeat what she had just told me. She did and I then told her that my Sister's Daughter had just had her 2nd child once again a girl and she had named her Poppy Mae. I then told her that her first child was called Lily Daisy.
 What I didn't tell her was that my Sister was none too happy at the choice of the names given to her baby. She told me that she would have sooner have called her like the first child. Namely 2 flowers. I told her that it was up to them what she was called but I understood where she was coming from.
 While I was waiting for the check out the Manin front started to talk. It was just a little brighter and he told me that if it stayed fine he would cut the grass because if it is not cut regular then it becomes difficult to cut. So he told me he hoped it stayed fine. I then told him that I had Solar Panels fitted so it helped me if the sun shone and it was fine. He seemed surprised at this  and informed me that electricity was still produced even on dull days. I agreed with him but then explained that although electricity is produced on dull days. The amount produced is a fraction of what is produced on a sunny day. It depended on just how dull it was. I told him that yesterday was a very poor day. Although today was better I did produce well over 3 times the amount of electricity and that was with several heavy showers. What the Companies that install Solar Panels do not tell you is that on dreadful days, almost no electricity will be generated. It has happened to me once in the winter period, I managed to produce NO electricity at all. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment