Wednesday 24 July 2013

Lively weather

 
 
 
Just a couple of photos of blackcurrants and cherries. Everything seems to get ripe at the same time. The cherries are called Stella. I have a later variety called Summer Sun. these will be ready within a week or so.
As for cherries, I have lots and lots of them, blackcurrants I made jam with those.
yesterday I got up before 6.30am. I was surprised to see that it had just started raining, not hard but a gentle rain. It finally stopped around 10.30am.
At 7.30am. I heard a noise and looked out to see that a local builders merchant was delivering some building materials. With the crane unloading it was quite noisy, I just had to laugh because I never would have thought that a delivery would be done that early.
Last night around 10.00pm. we had a terrific thunderstorm with torrential rain. One thing was certain was that all my water butts were once again full to overflowing and the garden now has had a good soak. I checked to see if the water had gone well into the ground, it indeed had.
 It will help my runner beans they are coming on well, I had again today another taste, soon I will have plenty to give away. That is typical, it is either all or nothing,  that's the way it goes. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment