Tuesday 2 July 2013

Builders

It is like being next door to a builders yard. To be honest though the neighbours did tell me before hand what was happening but it has taken some time for this to happen.
 It started on Saturday morning, not early though. It turned out that they were waiting for a mini digger and a dumper truck to arrive. These duly arrived mid morning and then the noise started.
 They are building a conservatory, also they are concreting much of the rear garden so that they can park their care their cars there. Besides having 3 cars they also have a sort of campavan.
 Well they dug out quite a lot of soil and took it up the field. They also took out many small shrubs. The Father told me that they would be putting a fence down the side with kick boards, this will make my life easier as I am constantly spraying their place with weed killer.
 Yesterday he told me his Wife had got the hump. I asked him why and he told me that the greenhouse had to be moved. They started to dismantle the glass and he asked me if I would like the glass. I immediately told him that if he was dismantling the greenhouse why didn't he try to sell it. He just told me he couldn't be bothered. As I have a polytunnel, his wife also wants one too so I think that this will be on his agenda  next.
 The front garden was hugely overgrown it hadn't been touched in weeks. Yesterday afternoon they scraped the top off it digging out one of the shrubs, one that was very prickly. He told me that this was going to be turfed and the Lad could mow it.
 They had the Building Inspector come and pass the work so today has been nice and quiet.
 Tomorrow thought they are going to concrete much of the rear garden so the cement mixer will be going full tilt for much of the day.
 Let us hope that the weather is kind for them. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment