Monday 8 July 2013

Under the weather

Thank goodness I am feeling a little better, on Tuesday last week I was not too great, a flare up of one of my chronic illnesses. I immediately doubled up on my dosage, and keeping my fingers crossed I think this has done the trick. Not out of the woods yet but hopefully I think all will be well. I do go to see my Consultant next week so will give him my progress report.
 Today we drew the short straw for the weather. the vast majority of the Country basked in sunshine, here all we have had is a cold dull day with a light drizzle at times. At 6.00pm the sun did try to put  in an appearance but after a couple of minutes gave up. Tomorrow it does talk of being better.
 As I sat inside I heard some machinery working. It was the other side starting their building extension. Later I poked my head over and asked the guy working what was happening. He told me what was proposed then said that it was a much better day for working and he was pleased he had yesterday off as it would have been too hot to work.
 I thought about the hot summer days when I was on the Railway working express passenger trains to King's Cross. It was certainly very hot at times but there was never a thought of saying it was too hot to work. We just took it in our stride.
I saw the other side guy who told me that they hadn't ordered the bricks yet so they are in no hurry to complete their project. I wait to see what happens next.
 With the hot weather over the week end, my strawberries are ripening well, also what cherries I have are beginning to turn colour so it shouldn't be too long before I am tasting cherries. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment