Monday 7 October 2013

Are we cattle?

On Thursday morning my Best pal rung me to ask if I would be in later, he usually calls around 2.30pm. I told him that I was having my flu jab at 2.00pm. so he would better make it 2.45 just to be sure.
 Just as well I told him because at 2.45 I still had not left the surgery, soon after though I did leave.
 On arriving there was a queue stretching to the main road, most were complaining bitterly and we were lucky with the weather, it was windy but warm and dry. Not that it stayed like that for the rest of the afternoon. After about 25 minutes we managed to get into the medical centre. It is very small ans I guess there were about 30 people in altogether. It was organised chaos, first we had to register then go to a Nurse who gave you a leaflet and details and soon after that was sent to a cubicle to have the jab. On leaving was given a number and told to wait, folks were milling round and the noise was great. One had to listen for the number and after about 10 minutes my number was called. I was ushered into a consulting room which was open there a Nurse took your B.P. and pulse and I presume a Doctor asked you to confirm who you was, asked if one smoked or had ever smoked. The Nurse told me my B.P. was very high I told her in no uncertain measures why it was so high being treated like we had been. Anyway she told me to have it checked in about 2 weeks. I was so angry, I informed her that my B.P. was checked every 3 months and left. Incidentally within 30 minutes of me leaving it started to rain, not too heavy but rain non the less.
 My mate rung me up on Sunday teatime asking me if I wished to have any damsons. I of course said yes. The last time I had any damsons was about 8 years ago. My Best pal had a tree in his garden, so I asked if he could bring me some. Well he did, not many and told me that it had been hard work picking them. Naturally I never asked him again. He has since moved house so there is no way he could get me any damsons.
 My mate will be calling on Wednesday and I bet he brings me far more damsons than my Best pal ever bought me. Will let you know.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment