Wednesday 23 October 2013

Nails

 
 
 
I do struggle with this computer and these settings. This is the second time and hopefully this is working well. The first attempt was a complete failure. Couldn't write anything at all but this seems to be O.K.
The photos show just how busy I, and my neighbour have been. He cut down the trees and he did tell his Wife that he was pleased I was there with him. As he started to cut the trees, I put pressure on them and we were very pleased how it went. Later that day the Fence man came and replaced the 10 panels. Good quality too. He had asked me before if he could just leave the old panels as he was charged money to dispose of them.
 I spent most of the week end taking out the nails, at least 6 in every panel. I must admit a lot of the panels are not good at all. If anything can be done to use them, my mate will have the answer. Anyway I now have all the looses panels out of the wet so they will gradually dry out.
 I do have a few more photos which I may post. I also hope that the young man next door will come round on Friday and with my help remove the cut down tree trunks next door. I have found out that she is haven't a wood burning stove fitted. They will certainly help fuel costs once they are fully dried out. It will take all this winter though.
 This morning I had my Central Heating boiler serviced. I was surprised to see the two men standing outside were the same couple who had checked my bulk tank earlier. they are very nice, the eldest was teaching the younger man the ropes. The younger man has been trained as a plumber but was made redundant a few months ago. Luckily for him he managed to get a job with the LPG firm. He told me that he should be qualified by January. This would then leave the elder guy to once again work alone although they both get on well together.
 Anyway they took a little more than an hour to complete their work. Very thorough they were too. I am well satisfied.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment